Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Something New

I have decided to start journaling.  This will be both thoughts and ideas for art or to try out something.  I take art classes from Sandy Washburn and was/am thinking of discontinuing them as I am just floundering.  She said I needed to journal my thoughts and so I am.

The green on this is where I previously stamped with some bubble wrap that had left over paint on it. Then I drew the face, doodled the hair and did my journaling.

After that was done, I got out the paint.  I have some new colors which I really enjoyed using. After painting I added a bit of white highlights to some words.  I really like how deep and shiny the colors look on the computer when they are backlit.  Unfortunately it is not that vibrant in person but I still like the colors!

Today had a few blips. The biggest was that my irrigation system would not go off.  I do not even want to THINK about the water bill.  Fortunately only one zone was on or Mouse Creek, which is down the hill from me, would be overflowing its banks.  The man that installed it finally arrived and fixed it. Whew!

Also today I made my first formal observation of a student teacher.  Very interesting to watch a third grade in action after so many years of secondary school.  I hope I get faster because it took me two hours to write up the observation!  Tomorrow is an AP Biology II class with a lab.  I am going to learn a lot this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope I have made it easier for you to comment using the anonymous choice. I would love for you to be a member of this blog so that I could eventually switch over to members only. If you have a Google Acct. you can also use that. If you use the anonymous choice, please let me know who you are in your comment! Thanks :-)