Sunday, August 16, 2020

Gearing up for a new Show

This can be better viewed in your browser.

I sent six photos of six pieces I painted hoping for acceptance into an exhibit in Dalton, GA. After waiting an extraordinary long time, I got my acceptance. I have entered this show for the past 4 years and this is the first time all of my pieces were accepted. Yippee! Now I just hope that a patron or two like my work well enough to purchase one...or more.

This particular show features the food from many restaurants in Dalton, GA and usually has a large crowd. Because of Covid-19, what is usually a well attended reception will be different this year but I do not know the plans as of yet. I only know that the art will also be sold online. More about that as I gain information.

The show is not until next month so I haven't made a decision about attending yet. However, I'm giving an advance peek at my work here.

This is a small piece called Posies in a Pot.
14x11 Mixed Media

I'm sure everyone is just as tired of this virus stifling our outings as I am but I hope everyone is staying safe and well during this pandemic. I walk several miles daily and that is just about my only outing. I sometimes see neighbors and we greet each other and may stop to chat but always at a distance. 

Also I will be showing with a group at a bar in Chattanooga called WanderLinger. I think that is a great name. This show is also in September as well as an online show from the North River Civic Center in Chattanooga. I think I need to get busy with in my studio!

Feel free to comment on any of my work. I can handle The Good, The Bad and The Ugly!! It is always interesting to hear different perspectives. If you can't comment here, you can email to vickistyons@me.com



3 comments:

  1. You are so talented Aunt Vicki! I love the colors in your Posies in a Pot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From Melonie. I checked my Google profile so I'm not sure why it shows as anonymous.

    ReplyDelete

I hope I have made it easier for you to comment using the anonymous choice. I would love for you to be a member of this blog so that I could eventually switch over to members only. If you have a Google Acct. you can also use that. If you use the anonymous choice, please let me know who you are in your comment! Thanks :-)