Thursday, November 14, 2013

Out of the Mouths of Babes

Okay I finally purchased the paint for the guest room at the Bijou.  I have going to attempt to make it look distressed without getting distressed about it.  I have tried to talk Drew and/or Francis into painting it without success.  So it is back to me.  I have 2 paint colors and figured that I can use them in various degrees and mix them together for another or add some black for another shade.  So now all I need to do is actually open the cans and get busy.

Wednesday I dressed nicely as I had to go to two schools to make observations.  I wore a black dress and boots, fixed my hair and even wore mascara.  I thought I looked pretty good!  On the way to the second school, I greeted a woman who was approaching the parking lot and we exchanged a few words and then I tripped as I stepped up on the sidewalk and down I went. The woman rushed over to me and helped me up and let me tell you at my age that was much appreciated.  No injuries were sustained other than a skinned knee and a bit of bruised pride. After signing in, I went to the nurse for a bandage and she even looked up from her phone conversation long enough to compliment my purse! It was the one I got in Italy and looks quite professional. Okay, all was well.  While walking down the hall, I saw two kindergarten boys as the danced out of the bathroom.  They were so cute in their uniforms of khaki pants and polo shirts.  They smiled and greeted me, then one of them did a double take and said, "Ohhhh, you look scary!"  Out of the mouth of babes!

More observations tomorrow.  Hope I don't scare anyone!

1 comment:

  1. I think that he might have meant that you looked like you were hurt. Kids sometimes attach the emotions they would have at what they imagine happened to you. I am sure that you looked quite professional (snort).

    ReplyDelete

I hope I have made it easier for you to comment using the anonymous choice. I would love for you to be a member of this blog so that I could eventually switch over to members only. If you have a Google Acct. you can also use that. If you use the anonymous choice, please let me know who you are in your comment! Thanks :-)