Wednesday, October 11, 2017

She took a new Direction

My last blog was over a year ago, but I'm going to pick up the pieces and forge ahead.  I am trying to be much more disciplined with my art. To that end, I'm working daily (well...almost daily) and I'm back to blogging.



LAST year when I started this girl, I had an entirely different idea for her. However, my direction shifted when my art group basically told me my idea was crazy and that the sticks I planned to use would not last. This is not complete but you get the idea.







So I  took those sticks and built a neighborhood!

I call this piece Head of The House

Someone recently mentioned to me that all my "girls" had blue or green eyes. At the time, I agreed but looking at this one now, I see she has dark eyes.  I am thinking I may add some other color to her hair. What do you think?



Calligraphy is beautiful but I'm just not that fancy. Hand Lettering is more my style. I signed up for a short workshop, bought the tracing paper, ordered the Tombow pens --both hard nib and soft, got the packet of letter designs, took the class following all the instructions AND it turns out that to learn how to hand letter, one has to practice, practice and practice. It may be quite a while before I become proficient but I'm working on it. If you're an investor and looking for an opportunity, might I suggest tracing paper?  I am using it at an alarming rate.


I would love to hear from you and if you are unable to reply, you can always email me at vickistyons@me.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope I have made it easier for you to comment using the anonymous choice. I would love for you to be a member of this blog so that I could eventually switch over to members only. If you have a Google Acct. you can also use that. If you use the anonymous choice, please let me know who you are in your comment! Thanks :-)