Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Sticks and Stones

Unfortunately, I have been rather unproductive this week.  I had planned to make a headdress using twigs for this girl, but let me just tell you--my art group really panned that idea.  They said the sticks would decay or be broken off the canvas or...whatever.  So I am going to plan B and saving the twigs for a girl to put in the Bijou!

Plan B is for a headband but it will fit her differently from what she now has, and I am hopeful that I can make her hair look right!  Oh, yes, I am also planning on her having a nose.  In fact, I think that next week she will look very different and much better.



You saw this last week, but it is just about finished now.  The Cyrillic letters are actually painted on as are the Greek ones.  The Greek word is not very obvious in this photo.  It needs a bit of touch-up here and there, and then it will go to the MMIA jury.


On a More Personal Note:
Today is the one-year anniversary of my house break-in, and I was a bit hesitant to leave.  When I went to the grocery store, I left my computer in the room with Brooklyn.  I knew it would be safe there or we could follow the blood trail.  I am a bit on edge because the chairs were stolen off my porch two weeks ago.  Evidently, there is a target on the Bijou!

I have less than two weeks to get my paintings ready for submission to a juried show.  I can send 5 for jurying, and I really hope something will be accepted. Keep your fingers crossed for me!



1 comment:

  1. My fingers are. Crossed but I doubt that you need them. Your work is good.

    ReplyDelete

I hope I have made it easier for you to comment using the anonymous choice. I would love for you to be a member of this blog so that I could eventually switch over to members only. If you have a Google Acct. you can also use that. If you use the anonymous choice, please let me know who you are in your comment! Thanks :-)