Monday, October 16, 2017

Her Name Was Sarita


       The making of Sarita

Stenciling in various colors

A few things about art are difficult beyond actually making the art. Naming the piece is one of them. I don't remember how I decided on the name Sarita, but I believe someone suggested it to me and I went with it.  It means princess, but rather than a princess, I always thought she looked like a co-ed from the early 60s. You know--pre-hippy. 

I hung the painting above a bright pink chair at the Bijou and Sarita looked very much at home there.



More stenciling and glazing
Several weeks ago, I said I would give a demo at an art gallery in Athens, TN. I then decided against doing an actual demo and thought I would just tell about the steps using various pieces of art.  When I arrived the director was dismayed that I wasn't planning to give the demo that she had advertised. Ever flexible, I kicked into high gear, scavenged their children's paint closet and I got my demo ready. In fact, all the participants got to make a small piece also. During my talk, I passed around papers I had painted and a few canvases. 



A face begins to appear
After I finished, the director asked if any of the things I had brought were for sale. Guess who I had taken? Sarita.  I left the painting there for her to consider and found out today that she did, indeed, buy it. I will miss Sarita, but I'm happy she has found a new home.

If you are wondering why I don't do a better job of placing the pictures in this blog, it is because they jump all over the place. Also when I edit, they are in one place but when I publish they may have moved.   I may need to look for another site for my blog that is not so unpredictable. Please let me know if you have any suggestions. I like FREE sites! haha

Face continues to emerge
















Color is added









Sarita


















































No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope I have made it easier for you to comment using the anonymous choice. I would love for you to be a member of this blog so that I could eventually switch over to members only. If you have a Google Acct. you can also use that. If you use the anonymous choice, please let me know who you are in your comment! Thanks :-)