Tuesday, June 30, 2015

A Bit of a Walk


Walking the Dog


Lately we have had lots of thundering, rain and wind with the result of cooler weather for the past several days. Another result was fallen branches and at least one home was lost.  (see below)

Holding Brooklyn's lease and taking a picture is not easy so I didn't get as many pictures as I would have like to.  I am trying to develop a photographer's eye and obviously I have a long way to go.








Another interesting sight was where this plant was growing.  I looks like part of a crown on the house!










Today I attended a demo on how to marbleize fabric and paper.  After several problems this was our results.  I think they probably should have been even more dramatic but something was off in the formula we were using.  The last one turned out well;  the first two were a bit weak but perhaps they could be used as an underpainting.

I think this would work on some types of paper which would be what I was interested in but after seeing the process, it is pretty much off my agenda of something I want to try.






















These are small pieces of fabric.  I have no idea how to do something larger.  This is done in a vat of the mixture.  The bathtub?





Safety


Just a bit about Brooklyn.  She is calm during a storm.  She doesn't run around the house. She doesn't shake and quiver. She doesn't bark.  But she does seek safety.  The water closet is a good choice!


One last item
I've been working on a website for an art group of which I am a member.  It is Mixed Media Inspired Artists or MMIA.  There are some very talented people in this group and you may find a piece of art that speaks to you or you may just be interested in seeing the styles of art we make. mixedmediainspired.com

If you can't comment on this, it may be because you are reading this in from your mailbox rather than actually being on the site.  Just click on the site to make it active.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope I have made it easier for you to comment using the anonymous choice. I would love for you to be a member of this blog so that I could eventually switch over to members only. If you have a Google Acct. you can also use that. If you use the anonymous choice, please let me know who you are in your comment! Thanks :-)