Saturday, July 11, 2015

Uninvited Guest

Because July 5 was oh so nice I decided to take Brooklyn with me on an errand.  We were gone probably for about 20 to 30 minutes.  Upon entering the house, I immediately noticed that my computer was missing and then I realized my iPad was also gone.  Yikes! 

First call was to my sister who thought I was joking but when she realized I was serious, she came right over and arrived shortly before the police.  



Now here is the thing, the Bijou was in a terrible mess and in dire need of cleaning.  The dust on all my furniture made it easy to SEE the finger prints but more difficult to actually GET a finger print.  Note to self: Keep house clean.  This is my guest room where that white box on the dresser had been opened.  No valuables there...only handkerchiefs. The police took the box hoping to get DNA.  

Oh yeah.  See the walls?  They are not in a prep stage; they are meant to look distressed.  






Nothing in this box either except for remote controls and pencils.  Another dead end for my unexpected company.


This dresser drawer didn't yield much either or if it did, I don't remember.  I may have had some money there.  Another note to self: Get this drawer cleaned out!


In case you are wondering, these drawers are not dirty as they may appear but I distressed them.  The bottom two drawers are on my "to do" list. 


Ok so what else was gone.  Well as far as I can see they took my fingernail kit.  REALLY?  Note to police: look for perp with nice nails.

Also gone was a check I'd written for a whopping $11.51.  More on this later.

The following day I dug some change out of the bottom of my purse and walked over to my "shoe" bank, lifted my hand to drop in the money and....it was GONE!


Have I ever mentioned that I love Cleveland?  The policeman who was here Sunday stopped by on Thursday to tell me they had a guy in custody.  Remember that $11.51 check?  He had it but it had been altered.  He was arrested on other charges but at that time had not been charged with the incident here.

STAY TUNED!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope I have made it easier for you to comment using the anonymous choice. I would love for you to be a member of this blog so that I could eventually switch over to members only. If you have a Google Acct. you can also use that. If you use the anonymous choice, please let me know who you are in your comment! Thanks :-)