Sunday, January 30, 2022

Besties

To see this correctly click on it so it will be in a browser rather than an email. Let me start by saying that Blogger is NOT my bestie. Yes, the price is right. Free is very attractive. However, it is awkward to use especially for someone who wants to put in a plethera of graphics. There is no word wrap or if there is, I haven't figured out how to use it. Take this as an explanation of why my pics may look awkward. I had a fun idea of how to scatter some pictures throughout the text but had to scrap that plan. My big news is that I will be showing my art at the grand opening of Moss Rose Gallery in Cleveland, TN. The reception is February 10. Parking is easy so if you live around here, please come. There will be music and food and art. Also showing will be the owners Fred Wise and Jami Wise along with Jennie Kirkpatrick. We are all neighbors so I'm really looking forward to this. The theme is about love but not necessrily romantic love so I thought of good friends and painted this piece which is 12 x12. Obviously since I dissed this site, it is going to show me who's the boss. Now the graphics only appear as code as I write. I THINK they will show as pictures when I publish. I haven't used any code since the 1990s and I knew VERY little then. Now I realize that everything is appearing as one giant paragraph.
Then I decided why not make lots of besties so everyone could choose their own? So I painted a baker's dozen of 4x4's.
They were such fun to do that I decided to make a few more with two people in them. I already painted this one which was inspired by Thelma and Louise.
Also thses Love Birds who appearing to be saying their vows will be in the show.
And finally I thought a Girl and Her Poodle would be great. That where I ran into serious trouble. I planned (a rarity), I made a mock up (that's a never occurance) and I ended up with a mess. Hope I can salvage it but I don't feel very optimistic at this point!
As always, I'd love to hear from you--the Good, the Bad and even the Ugly! Either leave a message here or email me at Vickistyons@me.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope I have made it easier for you to comment using the anonymous choice. I would love for you to be a member of this blog so that I could eventually switch over to members only. If you have a Google Acct. you can also use that. If you use the anonymous choice, please let me know who you are in your comment! Thanks :-)