Monday, January 10, 2022

The Auction

 

CASA NYE Gala


The silent auction happened NYE and guess what? My painting actually sold after a small bidding war. Okay, I'm trying to make it sound huge just for the sake of the story..  The woman who bought it has a turquoise streak in her hair--so I guess we were on the same wave length. She plans to put it in her store which is down town. I'll check that out in the next few days. I'll get some pics and share them. 

                                              She's Been Named                                         

I asked for suggestions for to name this piece and the winning suggestion was Ginger Snap. Thank you, Joanna Brooks!


Shadows into Light                      

This piece was accepted into CHA ART SPACE at the Chattanooga Airport. I don't think all the information is online yet but check out the paintings.  There is a little bit of everything. This is Casting a Shadow 30x22 Acrylic. By coincidence this font is Shadows into Light. 

I'm trying to do something this year and it would be really helpful if you'd follow this blog. You don't even have to read it but I hope you will. It will appear in your inbox and you can decide yea or nay. I will not be inundating your mailbox.

I know it is difficult for some strange reason to leave comments on this blog so if you wish, you may email me. Vickistyons@me.com. As always I'd love to hear from you--the good, the bad and even the ugly. 

1 comment:

I hope I have made it easier for you to comment using the anonymous choice. I would love for you to be a member of this blog so that I could eventually switch over to members only. If you have a Google Acct. you can also use that. If you use the anonymous choice, please let me know who you are in your comment! Thanks :-)