Thursday, December 30, 2021

Winding Down

Another year is ending. Unfortunately Covid 19 along with its two new variants are still with us. I have had my shots and wear my mask in hopes of staying well and/or not spreading any illness to others. However, I am beginning to wonder what the new normal will be--if we ever get to the point. I predict many precautions are here to stay and perhaps that's a good thing.

Meanwhile my studio has not seen much action. I've had plenty of time to paint but there has been a lack of enthusiasm which I hope to rev up for 2022. (Studio sounds much better than laundry room with paints and an easel which is more accurate.) 

CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates) of Bradley & Polk Counties which is a non-profit that works alongside community volunteers to make sure the voices of abused and neglected children are heard in court asked for an art piece for their NYE auction. I let my niece who volunteers with the organization select the piece. 


She choose Maat who is named after the Egyptian goddess of Truth and Honesty. Mixed Media and acrylic 16x20. My fingers are crossed that someone will bid on it. 

My most recent piece is this woman for whom I do not have a name. Suggestions are welcomed.  Acrylic 20x16.


Come back soon, I have some catching up do to!


I know that for some reason it is difficult to reply on this site but I'd love to hear from you at Vickistyons@me.com . I'm open to the good, the bad and even the ugly.


1 comment:

  1. Hey Vicki, I really like your painting Maat. I’m sure it will do much good for CASA at auction. You always come up with clever names for your artwork, so I wouldn’t begin to suggest a name for your newest painting. It will come to you. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Look forward to more in 2022. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

I hope I have made it easier for you to comment using the anonymous choice. I would love for you to be a member of this blog so that I could eventually switch over to members only. If you have a Google Acct. you can also use that. If you use the anonymous choice, please let me know who you are in your comment! Thanks :-)